Oil spills on water are a huge threat to the environment and wildlife.
There are many contributing environmental factors to consider in the instance of an oil spill — contaminated water absorbing into soil and damaging plant growth, or the contamination of groundwater, nearby rivers, or streams.
The Containment Boom can quickly absorb up to 19 times its own weight in oil and will remain floating much longer than competing poly booms.
As an environmentally-friendly alternative to synthetic polypropylene products, Booms contain XtraSorb, a treated cellulose material and are contained in a strong poly inner netting and a durable outer jacket with ties and clips for connecting multiple booms together.
For use on water to both contain and absorb oil and fuel spills. Booms are commonly used for small marinas, collection ponds, dams and wastewater collection pits. Suitable for the automotive, industrial, commercial markets, marine, waste management and manufacturing industries.
The Containment Boom is most effective when used in conjunction with KleenSweep and Oil Socks, and is an integral part of any spill response system.
Features & Benefits
- User friendly — quick, lightweight and easy to use.
- High absorption — each Reinforced Boom can absorb 65L of oil.
- Cost effective — rapid oil absorption. Needs to be replaced less often than polypropylene booms.
- Environmentally friendly — sorbent is manufactured from over 95% treated recycled organic materials. Low environmental toxicity if released. Sorbent is biodegradable in 2-5 months.
- Buoyancy — floats indefinitely.
- Easy disposal — can be discarded to landfill, incinerated or even composted.
|Dimensions||3m long x 150mm diameter|
Tested to USEPA 1311 TCLP/8015B, ASTM F726-81, ASTM F716-82, CAN/CGSB 183.2-94, ASTM D5560, USEPA 9095, 9096A, 1030
Find your Local Distributor
Looking for an Enretech spill solution? There are Enretech distributors across Australia and the world. Enter your postcode below to find the one closest to you.
Can’t find an Enretech distributor near you?
Give our team a call on +61 248 693 261 to find the Enretech products you are looking for.