They say preparation is key, and when it comes to your spill solutions, truer words have never been spoken.
Putting in the effort to properly prepare your site for spills is not only important for safety, but can save you time, energy and significant costs later down the line.
As we discussed last month, the first step to more efficient spill containment is to analyse your specific needs. But once you’ve ticked off your checklist, what is the next step to ensuring your site is safe, compliant and prepared – and why is it such an important step to take?
Why analysing your needs isn’t enough
While you might think that analysing your spill containment needs means you are now good to go, this isn’t the case. Determining fluid type and volume alone isn’t enough to ensure your spill needs are met.
When it comes to spill kits and other spill solutions, your options are plentiful. And while it’s always nice to have some choice, many products on the market do not meet basic standards or compliancy regulations.
This can make it harder for you to determine which solutions you should be choosing. Without extra preparation, you can easily end up with a spill product with low quality and absorbency, meaning:
- It won’t effectively clean or contain the entire spill
- You will be required to buy more product, more often
- You won’t be able to dispose of it via landfill
- It is made from unsustainable and unnatural sources
3 steps to take you from ‘generic’ to ‘fit for purpose’
We know how important efficient spill solutions are for running a safe and compliant site. But we also know the more time you have to spend sourcing them, the more chance you will end up going for generic products that may not be fit for purpose simply to save time.
So, to simplify the process – and ensure you get the spill solutions you need – we’ve put together three simple steps you can follow to ensure your site is properly prepared.
- Analyse your site’s spill needs (which you may have already done using this checklist)
- Speak to a spill provider about which products and spill kits are most suited to your site
- Do your research to ensure you’re being offered the most effective, safe and sustainable solution
How preparation pays off
With just three steps to follow, analysing and preparing for spills becomes quick and easy – and you ensure ongoing effective and efficient spill containment for your site.
On top of this, you can be sure your spill kit and all the products it contains are compliant and sustainable, meaning you will:
- Avoid costly fines from the EPA
- Find disposal easy and legal
- Get the most value and use from each product
- Reap the reputational benefits of being a sustainably conscious operation
It pays to be prepared when it comes to spill solutions. Doing your research and speaking to a spill provider costs you nothing – but failing to prepare and making the wrong decision will continually cost you time and money until you do it right.
Enretech have done the research for you, and created spill solutions that not only meet EPA regulations, but have the highest sustainability and absorbency ratings. To talk to Enretech about spill solutions that can meet your needs, contact me on 0488 232 741 click here.